And then she got sick. And then she got tired. And then she got sick & tired.

So.  It’s Friday.  Wanna hear what my week was like?

Monday morning I woke up sick.  It helps explain a lot of the lethargy and emotional sensitivity from Sunday, actually.  I woke up shaking with shivers, in a cold sweat.  I felt like crap.  I continued to feel like crap for the rest of the day.  In the afternoon, I wasn’t so cold anymore and I tried to get up and move around, and then went right back to bed with a migraine.  All in all, I was awake long enough to watch the first two X-Men movies, spread between several naps.

I stayed home on Tuesday, too.  It was a good decision and I haven’t regretted it at all.  I slept as long as I felt like I could, got up for a while, and then took another nap.  Justin drove his mom to the airport and she went back to Vermont.  I actually left the house for a chiropractor appointment, but that was it.  Back to the house with me!  Back to resting and feeling better.  We ordered pizza for dinner and caught up on Warehouse 13 and Eureka.

Wednesday, I went to work.  The insanity continues to grow there and I ended up staying until almost 6:30 getting things caught up and trying to get on top of everything that’s been piling up.  After only being at the office for two days the previous week and not any the week before that, I’m getting significantly behind on projects.  I did manage to make some headway, though.  Meanwhile, Justin went to a follow-up appointment with his doctor about the endoscopy last Friday and he’s going to swallow some barium next week and see how that test goes.

At 10:30 that night, after I’d showered and put on my pajamas, my mother-in-law called and told Justin to go pick up Jessi and take her to the emergency room.  I didn’t want to make Justin do that all by himself, so I grabbed a sweater and a bra, a comic book and my netbook, and drove to Savannah with him.  And then back to Hilton Head Island (that’s about 45 minutes away) to the emergency room there because my MIL insisted.  Jessi was running a temperature between 103-104 and was flushed, but otherwise she seemed fine.  But we did what we were asked and took her to the ER.

We stayed at the ER until about 5:00 in the morning while they ran all sorts of tests.  I sat in the waiting room.  It was a very long night.  I got to bed about half an hour before my alarm to get up and ready for work normally goes off.  I called and left a message about what was going on and set my alarm for 9:00 so I could make it in by 10:00 and prep for an 11 o’clock meeting.  And forgot to check that my phone wasn’t set to silent, and ended up waking up at 10:00.  Apparently, I needed that boost from 3.5 hours of sleep to 4.5 hours of sleep.

Meanwhile, my MIL decided to fly back down to take care of Jessi.

I made it in for my 11:00 meeting, which went well, and Justin went to pick up my MIL from the airport.  She made a huge scene at the house, bundling up my SIL and driving off exclaiming that we would never see either of them ever again.  Apparently she didn’t appreciate our opinion that she didn’t need to come back down again.

I  didn’t know about that until most of the way through the afternoon, which was going very slowly.  Fortunately, I had a 4:15 doctor appointment, so I left early and went to take a nap in the waiting room at my doctor’s office.  I got there at 4:00.  I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes and in the exam room for another 20 minutes or so.  I didn’t need to see her for very long, just check up on my blood work (good cholesterol is up, but so is the bad cholesterol and triglycerides; my weight is only 10 pounds less than last time I saw her).  I didn’t get out of there until 5:30.

And then I went home, struggled to stay awake for a while, and curled up in bed with Justin just minutes before 8:00.

So I got about 10 hours of sleep last night and I was still tired.  That’s a sad state of affairs, right there.  I went to work, where many people are expecting to work tomorrow because of the stupid schedule going on right now with this airplane.  I hope to not be called in, but there is a chance of it happening.  I worked a full day today, from 7:30 to 5:00.  I got a document revised for the airplane of pain this weekend and another preliminary document done for an airplane further down the line, and it doesn’t sound like a lot, but it really is.

And now I’m sitting at home.  My MIL is somewhere nearby, but I have no idea where.  (This is at least the second time she’s pulled this since I’ve known Justin, by the way.  We keep expecting her to show up at the house.  I saw through Facebook that my SIL is signed up for classes online, meaning she’s going back up north with her mom.  And that’s a shame because we liked having her around.  But we’re done dealing with the craziness.)  Hopefully I won’t be working tomorrow, and instead getting my feet back under me and getting my house back in order.

And really, is my life ever going to get back to normal old boring?!  ANY TIME NOW WOULD BE GREAT!

2 thoughts on “And then she got sick. And then she got tired. And then she got sick & tired.”

  1. Just for the record, I would like to punch your MIL in the face. Not that I would ever do that to anyone, but I would like to! It is no wonder her kids are so sick. It sounds like they never get to build up any immunity by fighting things off on their own. Oh well. I’m glad to hear Jessi is going home, so MIL can concentrate on taking care of her and leave you and Justin alone.
    Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad to hear you got over it quickly. You are a hardy one – I didn’t pamper you. 🙂
    Hang in there. Hope you didn’t have to work today.


Comments are closed.