Back in October, I saw this great list put up by Schmutzie , her list of “Thirty-five things I want to accomplish before I’m thirty-six years old.” I thought it was a fantastic idea, so I made up a list of my own. And I got to work at checking off items from my list.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t as successful as I thought I might be. I finished about 2/3 of the list. Some of the things I put on there just weren’t very realistic. And some of the things I just wimped out on. I should have been able to finish more of them.
But no matter the outcome, I’m quite pleased with how it went. So pleased, in fact, that I’ve made up another list. 29 things to do before I’m 30.
I’m going to put this list up as a page on this site so I can track my progress on these items. And I’m going to put up a page that talks about the 28 things I listed on my last list, with how I either passed or failed on those items. Just to give a little more depth to the list, you know?
But the rest of this post is dedicated to the new list. This is my list of 29 things to do before I’m 30.
(Please don’t criticize my list too harshly. I’m being nakedly honest about myself with items on this list. Instead of protecting myself and leaving things off, I’m putting them on the list and putting it up for everybody to read. So, please. Be nice.)
29 things to do before I’m 30
Body & Fitness
- Weigh in at 140 pounds.
- Run three races.
- Be able to run 8k straight.
- Do headstands without wall support for 30 seconds.
- Get at least 3 massages.
- Fix our bikes and go for bike rides.
- Floss regularly.
- Get a raise.
- Figure out exactly where I’d like to be going with my career.
- Establish my Professional Organizing business.
- Be credit card debt free.
- Have enough in savings to cover expenses for 1-2 months.
- Really start putting money into retirement.
- Get Justin me a new computer.
- Figure out something about Justin’s car situation.
- Get Justin a better job.
- Submit something in the Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Competition.
- Start on my submission for the contest next year.
- Submit a piece of writing to another competition or organization.
- Have at least 30 pages of creative writing ready for edit.
- Play piano a couple times a week.
- Submit some photography to a competition or a magazine or something.
- Get involved at church in small groups or ministries or something.
- Read my Bible at least 3 times a week.
- Spend a romantic weekend away somewhere.
- Have people over for dinner once. (Family doesn’t count.)
- Visit family for the holidays.
- Improve the state of the lawn.
- Finish everything I didn’t finish off last year’s list.
Track changes to the list as I go through the year at the page located HERE.