- The eye doctor was able to schedule Justin in right away in the morning so we were able to get his eye looked at without waiting days.
- Wandering around the grocery store picking up a few items while waiting for prescriptions to be filled was amusing.
- We didn’t have reservations anywhere so we didn’t have to cancel our plans.
- Finishing a good book.
- Justin sat and watched a movie with me even though he didn’t particularly want to watch that particular movie but did it because I wanted to.
- I love it when people stop to chat with us at church. And we know their names and things about them and can have meaningful conversations. We know people!
- Afternoon naps are fantastic things when you’re so tired and feeling so sick. And there’s this huge, soft body pillow and several other pillows and piles and piles of blankets and warm sunlight coming in not too brightly through the window but enough to feel soft and warm and comforting. And waking up becuase your husband doesn’t think you want to sleep the whole day away so 2 hours is probably long enough but if you’re still not feeling well, just stay curled up in bed and read for a while and he’ll bring you toast (rice bread) with cinnamon sugar and some orange juice while you stay curled up.
- Feeling a little better and getting the checking account balanced, receipts sorted and FSA information figured, and checks for bills sent out as well as a few thank you cards, meaning that the whole afternoon wasn’t a complete wash.
- Chinese food that, so far as we know, doesn’t have any wheat or dairy products in it but tastes so amazingly good I could eat buckets full and still not be bored.
- Curling up on the couch and watching StarGate Atlantis while Justin reads a book and not moving for 3 hours or so. Seriously, today was so much better than Valentine’s day.