A rundown of yesterday’s events.
- Justin dropped me off at the doctor’s office in Bluffton for some lab work and an echocardiogram (just checking on that heart murmur again — nothing to worry about).
- He took the car to Tire Kingdom to get the oil changed.
- We walked to meet up in between the two places after I was done and had breakfast at Dunkin Donuts.
- After the car was done getting maintenanced, we went to Target to pick up a few things.
- And then we went to the chiropractor’s office for adjustments and so Justin could work on their computers. I played with our chiropractor’s toddler while Justin fixed computers.
- We drove back to Pooler to pick up Justin’s luggage and take care of a few last minute things.
- And then we drove up to the Atlanta airport (3 1/2 hours), stopping for dinner at Captain D’s on the way.
- Justin got checked into the airport, we had our tearful goodbye, and he went through security.
- I started to drive home, frantically trying to find my way to I-75 south in very busy traffic while tamping down my sadness about leaving Justin.
- Through the app on my phone tracking his flights, I saw that Justin’s flight got delayed an hour. His layover in Dallas was just about 2 hours, to that connection would have still been possible.
- I kept on driving home.
- Justin’s flight got delayed an additional half hour. They’re cutting it close now.
- I stopped for gas and then kept on driving. I got a call from Justin telling me that they were booking him on a new flight from Dallas in the morning. He’d fly to Dallas, stay at hotel there (provided by the airline) and then fly to San Diego in the morning.
- Justin’s flight got delayed another half hour.
- I got a call from Justin letting me know that they cancelled the flight entirely. Whatever was wrong with the airplane was not going to be fixed. All the passengers were provided a hotel room for the night and rebooked onto flights in the morning. He was still working on knowing the details so I should call when I got home.
- I made it home around 10:00. Dragged my tired butt into the house and called Justin. He was just getting onto a shuttle to his hotel so he called me back once he was in and settled. We talked a little and then both of us set off to bed because it had been a very long day.
Justin assures me that it’s better this way, now that his flight will arrive in the early afternoon instead of in the very late evening. This way, his aunt doesn’t need to drive to the airport so late at night. And instead of arriving in mid-morning, like the middle plan had it when he was flying from Dallas in the morning, his grandma can pick him up in the early afternoon and his aunt doesn’t need to take time away from work to pick him up in the morning. So it should all work out fine in the end. And he wasn’t in a big hurry to get to San Diego on any sort of deadline. I called him this morning on my way to the office to make sure he was awake and getting ready to head to the airport. Again. He seemed to be in pretty good spirits. I would have been FREAKING OUT. Hopefully when it’s my turn to fly out in 3 weeks, this won’t happen to me.
Until then, I’m on my own in the apartment. I have plans to finish the unpacking and getting things all nice and tidy and organized. And then I have lots of crafting projects that I want to work on. Lots of stuff to keep me busy and occupied. I even have an app that I’m going to use to try to track my sleep patterns while I’ve got the bed to myself — it tracks movement to get an idea about how well you’re sleeping, so it doesn’t work well when there’s more than one person in the bed. Hopefully, though keeping myself busy and with the help of unlimited cell phone plans, I won’t get too lonely over the next several weeks.
I’ll try to keep you posted!