It’s been about a month since I wrote about my goals, so how about an update on that?
First, a quick reminder that my goals by June 31st are:
- Pay at least $200/month extra toward our debts
- Sew at least 1 skirt and 1 shirt
- Be able to play 3 chords on my guitar
- Be able to run 1 mile contiguously
- Visit Chattanooga
- Grow 2 plants for food/spice
- Look into Lean/Six Sigma certification training
- Learn how to make better goals
And now a rundown on how those are going thus far:
- On track: Progress on paying off our debts is going fine. I haven’t got an actual update on the numbers right now, but I know that we’re making steady progress on paying these off and I’m happy about it.
- On track: I’ve got a skirt put together that needs finishing – I would like to top stich it with a double needle and I don’t have one. And I might tear it apart a little and do a better job along the waistline because it’s just not fitting quite right. I’ve got the fabric for the shirt that I’m making for Dad, but the pattern I have is the wrong size, so I’ll be taking that back and getting the right one. I should have the skirt done by the end of the weekend and I hope to have the shirt done by the time Justin and I catch up with Mom and Dad on their April Tour of Homes.
- COMPLETE: I am happy to say that I have exceeded this goal already! I can play 6 chords: C, G7, F, Am, Dm, & E7! I have my second lesson with Dad tonight and I’m very excited about it! I’m listing this goal as completed, but I’m certainly not going to stop working hard at this. I’m enjoying it far too much to stop now!
- At risk: Exercising regularly has been, so far, my biggest goal-progress failing and I haven’t shown any significant progress. I need to put more focused energy on this.
- COMPLETE: The Chattanooga visit was fantastic and we very much enjoyed the city. We’re still evaluating it (or, at least, I am) and weighing the options and everything. At this point, moving is such a long ways out that this is not a significant goal.
- On track: The parsley is still alive! And I’m going to look more into what would need to happen in order to grow strawberries.
- At risk: Dad sent me a great link about Six Sigma training, but I haven’t taken the time to read it yet, so I really need to sit down and do that. Mom also mentioned professional editing and I’m going to review again why I dismissed that as an option previously. This is the other goal that I really need to put some focus into but haven’t managed to do so just yet.
- Tabled: I think the way I’m working on the goals that I’ve set for myself is working out just fine, so I’m letting this one go for now. I’m very pleased with the progress that I’ve been able to make, so why fuss about it?