Not much of a post, but I felt like writing, so here’s a bunch of random thoughts banging about in my head!
- I realized recently that when I think about the United Nations assembly, the image that I actually have in my brain is that of the Galactic Senate from Star Wars.
- We watched Marvel’s new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night and it was AWESOME. If you liked theAvengers movie at all, you’ll get a kick out of this show.
- We’re finally getting fall-ish weather around here, which means that instead of a high in the 90s, we’re down to highs in the 80s. I cannot wait for cooler weather to actually hit.
- While walking the other day, I saw something about waist-high that moved a lot like a cat. It looked at us for a while from further up the sidewalk and then hid in the woods while we went past. I have no idea what it actually was, but it freaked me out some.
- It did not freak me out as much as the enormous spiders that were on the trail we walked 2 weekends ago. Those things were enormous. We completely managed to walk underneath one without seeing it and then had to walk back underneath it on our way back to the car. This was NOT OKAY.
- I’m still getting pain in my legs while walking, but it’s getting more managable.
- My new sneakers are really nice!
- I’m getting my flu shot today.
- Justin got the first fall sickness in our house yesterday and was in bed most of the last 48 hours. He’s starting to feel better!
- Last night for dinner I made quiche and baking powder biscuits. I didn’t know that quiche actually meant CHEESE with a little bit of egg mixed in. I thought egg was the primary component. It’s really not.
- That said, it was delicious. I had to bake the bacon first, and then bake the biscuits, and then bake the quiche, so it took a long time, but it was yummy.
- And then I did an aerobics video while it was baking and that worked out perfectly!
- I think I’m down 5 pounds since the reunion! I’m not entirely sure what I weighed that weekend, so I’m rounding up to a plausible number to make me feel like I’ve made more progress.
- I’m exploring ideas for a winter vegetable garden.
And my lunch break is over and I need to get back to work!