Life has been very busy lately, but I thought it might be good to at least start giving a quick 5 bullet-point list of what’s going on so you know that we’re not dead. 🙂
- We sold the PT Cruiser! This actually happened JUST NOW and I’m sitting here holding a check that’s going to help pay of a big chunk of our credit card debt. And we’ll stop paying insurance on a car we don’t drive. And I’M VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!
- Justin’s mom and sister arrived at the house about an hour ago, which was 9 hours earlier than we expected them to arrive, which suggests that they drove ALL NIGHT LONG. This made them quite grumpy by the time they got to the house and now they’re sleeping. Wendy will be in town for 2 weeks, give or take a few days.
- I’m working on the curtains for Becky’s trailer (she’s leaving in just over 2 weeks). I’m about halfway through. It turns out the tension problems I’ve been having with my machine on this project have all been the result of one little thing: I’ve been using the wrong sized bobbin. Such a tiny little difference in the sizes, but such a huge difference in how the machine runs!
- We bought our tickets for Thanksgiving! But instead of putting out on the web exactly when our house will be empty (Dear robbers – it won’t be empty! We’ll have huge home-defense robots installed! Also, the neighbors are nosy and keep an eye on the place) I’ll just send it to you in an email later. But we got them for less than $500 total which makes me VERY HAPPY!
- Last week I got “voluntold” (volunteered + told) to do minutes for a meeting that lasted from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm and then again on Friday for a couple hours. It was an interesting meeting, but my hands were so tired by the end of the day! I’ll probably get pulled into that again next time, but thankfully it shouldn’t happen again until March.