It’s been a long week.

I had a dream last night that I opened up this site and there were 5 comments on a post.  FIVE!  All in one day and none of them were me!  It was exciting.

I’m having a terrible day.  It started out okay – I got up and showered and ready to go to work.  I got into my car, pulled out of the driveway, and the front of my car scraped along the driveway in a way entirely unlike it’s supposed to.  So I got out, went back inside for a flashlight, and came back out to my car to look at my tires.  And, as luck would have it, my front passenger tire is completely flat.  Not just sort of flat.  It’s COMPLETELY flat.

So I got back into my car, backed up, and drove back into my driveway.  And ran the side of my car into the mailbox, leaving a long white stripe of paint along its path.  I pulled back out, adjusted, parked again, and went back inside.  Justin heard me come back into the house, so he was waiting for me upstairs when I came in and said, “I’m having a really awful morning.”

He came out to look at the damage and sent me off to work in his car.  He’s working from home today.  I had to stop for gas and I vowed, on my way to the gas station, that if the car ran out of gas before I got to the pump, I was going to STAY HOME.

I made it to the gas station, and I made it all the way to work, and I got to my desk 20 minutes later than I was supposed to get there.  Fortunately, because I was at work for and hour and a half longer yesterday than normal because I was supporting a delivery, no one was at all upset about it.

At lunch, I was supposed to go to an event so I could write about it for a newsletter.  It’s at another building here, and I had to drive around to get to it, but when I got there, my badge won’t let me into the building.  And no one was answering their phones so they could help me get in.  So I missed my event.  And I had to go buy lunch because I was supposed to get lunch at the event and didn’t bring one with me.

Now, on the up-side of things, Justin was able to stay home and I was able to take his car.  He said that a lot of the paint came off and I’ll probably be able to get more of it off with some more work.  (I think that’s what he said.  I was so distracted by the thought that it might come off that I lost the rest of it.)  When I got to work late, I found a parking spot right in front of the gate so I had less of a walk.  It is a really beautiful day out today, so it was nice weather to be standing outside of a gate trying to figure out how to get to my meeting.  I had a yummy and not too calorie-heavy grilled chicken wrap from Sonic for lunch (with apple slices for snack later).

I finished a project as far as I can for the moment and have another one standing by to complete entirely.  I have music practice tonight and we’re learning a new version of a hymn that I’ve been listening to several times today and it’s helping me stay positive (“It is well”).  And because I’ve worked two and a half hours of overtime already this week, I’m taking an hour and a half of vacation tomorrow morning and staying home from work.  Because I had seven hours of overtime last week and I don’t really care for the extra money this week.  Because working an 11 hour day on a Friday should be rewarded by sleeping in on the following Friday.  And because I’m just having a heck of a week.

Did I tell you I dropped my mug?  I don’t think I did.  It was on Tuesday; I was washing the mug I use for making my oatmeal every morning and for soup and other microwaving needs at the office.  It was a white mug I got when we went to Life in Salt Lake City (was it in 1998 or 2000?) and said “Alliance Youth” on the side of it in lovely blue writing.  It was a great mug, perfect for microwaving my oatmeal, very slick looking, and I liked it.  But it slipped from my hand while I was washing it at work and it broke into a bunch of pieces on the floor.  And I stood there looking at the pieces and cried.  Over a stupid mug.  A mug I liked, granted, but it was just a mug.  It didn’t particularly matter that I’d gotten it at Life or that I’d had it for about 10 years; I liked it because it was pretty and the perfect size.  And I was sad that I’d broken it.

Monday I was at work at 6:30 to work on a project that no one asked for until today.  Tuesday I broke my mug.  Wednesday I was at work until 6:30, finishing up a project for a guy who was out of the office all day because his kids were off school for St. Patrick’s Day.  Today, well, has been today.  I think I need a day off.

So that’s the plan.


  1. Awwww…. Sissy, it sounds like you need a big hug today. I’m sorry you’ve had such a downer of a week… And I completely understand crying over a silly mug. Sometimes it’s the little things in life that I treasure–like the perfect sized mug to use everyday. 🙂 I hope tomorrow is better!

  2. More hugs coming your way. Sorry it has been a bad week. But look at it this way – all that junk will make a great weekend even greater by contrast!

    I love you, Kylene.


  3. Thank you!

    Today was such an amazing day compared to yesterday. I got my tire fixed, spent time in the sun, wandered around Target as long as I wanted, found a replacement mug for my oatmeal, went to lunch with Justin, and just had a great, relaxing day. 🙂

Comments are closed.