I’ve been sleeping

I think I’ve slept more in the last couple of days than I have the whole two weeks prior to getting sick.  I have slept A LOT.

But I’m feeling so much better!  Thursday, the day I last posted, I went home from work early, at about 2:00.  I got home and slept for a few hours, before going to the chiropractor’s office.  They looked at me, said “You look like death warmed over” and let me lie on their Bio-mat for about an hour.  A Bio-mat is like an electric head pad except it goes from your neck all the way down to about your knees.  There’s more to it, but basically, it’s a heat pad for your whole body.  It’s WONDERFUL.  Justin got his adjustment and everything and went to find us food for dinner and then came back to collect me.  And the ladies in the office just let me bake there for ages.  It was absolutely fantastic.

The next day, I had planned to try to go into work, just later than usual.  Well . . . I slept until 12:30 and didn’t go into work.  I got up, puttered around on my computer, watched TV, and went back to bed.
Saturday was more sleeping, but I was starting to feel better.  Not enough that I actually got out of my pajamas all day, but enough that I was thinking about what I’d do if I wasn’t so tired.

Sunday, we slept through church, but we were both feeling well enough that, when we did wake up, the state of the house really bothered us.  We actually cleaned up and did dishes and got the house almost presentable.  We washed the sheets and another load of laundry.  I was actually able to get out to Target and the grocery store in the afternoon.  I even got the ironing done.  It was more exhausting than any of those activities had any right to be, but it felt good to be moving again.

I think we went through every single pair of pajamas that we owned, putting a  pair on to go to bed, wearing it all day the next day, and then throwing those into the hamper to put on a new pair to go to bed.

But we’re both feeling much better today.  Still tired, but well enough to get into work.  Not well enough to hit the gym at 5 o’clock in the morning, though.  I haven’t been back to the gym since Tuesday morning.  I’m really starting to miss it.  I’m not sure if I’ll be up for it tomorrow, either, but hopefully I’ll be back there soon.

And I’m so done with being sick already.  Two times in the last 4 weeks is nasty enough.  I have 2 more weeks of work and then I’m visiting family.  I do not have time to be sick before I leave and I do not have any desire to be sick while visiting my family.  So that’s it.  DONE!  No more sickness for me.

Right?  Please?

2 thoughts on “I’ve been sleeping”

  1. So glad to hear you both are feeling better. That is a long time to be sick. I hate to be feeling poorly for even an hour, so several days must be really miserable. So, yeah, get healthy and be healthy when you come to visit. I can’t wait to see you!



  2. Thanks, Mom! It didn’t really feel like very long. Maybe I’m just so used to when Justin gets sick and it lasts for like 2 weeks. 😉 Good old German genetics! I kick the bugs out QUICK!

Comments are closed.