The last couple of days

It’s been an interesting couple of days around  here!

I got sick.  Again.  I was just sick two weeks ago.  I think I’ve been sick more often in the last two months than I have the whole rest of the year.  It’s getting really annoying.

Anyway.  I got sick.  So I went to bed at 8:30 on Tuesday.  Half an hour later, my little brother woke me up from a dead sleep to tell me that he was engaged!  Yea!!  We chatted about it a little bit, I congratulated them several times, and then I went to tell Justin about it before collapsing back into bed.

The next morning, I had to check my phone to make sure I hadn’t dreamed the whole thing because I just wasn’t completely sure I hadn’t had a really vivid dream.  But nope!  Call from my brother.  He’s engaged!   Yea!

Wednesday, I stayed home from work.  I didn’t go to the gym.  I called my lead to tell him that I was even more sick than the day before and I was staying home.  At least for the morning.  I might make it in for the afternoon.  But I wasn’t sure.  And then I passed out again for several more hours.

The whole day was spent in my pajamas, wandering from bed, to computer, to couch, back to bed, back to computer, back to bed . . . .  I didn’t go in to work after lunch.  I missed a meeting, an appreciation event where I could have won prizes, a chiropractic appointment, a church meeting, and a gym class.  I was not happy to be sick yesterday, but I had trouble climbing the steps.  I had trouble breathing through all the phlegm.  I was overwhelmingly tired.  I stayed home.  So did Justin because this time I’m the giver and he’s caught my cold, too.

We bought tickets for our Christmas plans to visit my family!  Justin found us a great deal for us to fly out of Charleston for half the price it would have cost to fly out of Jacksonville.  It’s such a huge relief to have that taken care of.  It feels really good.

And that’s good because I still feel really awful.  I’m at work today, but I might not stay all day.  I’m so tired!  This cold started at the back of my sinuses, drained down to my throat, and has now settled into my chest.  It hurts.  I don’t really want to go to the doctor about it, but if it doesn’t go away soon, then I might.

I have 11 days left of work for the year and I have at least 4 regular projects to finish and a couple of other miscellaneous projects to finish all before the end of that time.  I have a lot to get done.

I should probably get to work on that.

1 comment

  1. Go to the doctor. With your history of asthma, you should get chest things checked out rather than “tough them out” like others may.



Comments are closed.