I’ve been writing my Grace in Small Things into a notebook I’ve been carrying with me. But I’ve collected quite a few and I wanted to post them on my website. I’m putting them under the break because it’s about three weeks of entries and it made for a really, really long post on the front page here.
21 October (Wednesday)
- I got to go to the gym again! I’m so happy to be able to go!
- Cinnamon Ritz crackers. Light, crispy sweetness.
- Beautiful, beautiful weather.
- Feeling productive at work.
22 October (Thursday)
- More absolutely beautiful weather!
- I’m wearing a skirt and tights and I love wearing skirts and tights.
- Notebooks for everything! A journal, a play, my weight stuff, and this.
- Really, really great . . . snuggles.
- Take-out from Jim and Nick’s and curling up on chairs in Justin’s office to eat it and watch Bones.
23 October (Friday)
- Music that makes me happy and want to move and dance and sing along, even though I’m at work!
- I love that it’s Friday!
- Baking bread to give to a family from church who had a baby
- Really great workout at Torque
- Hours of NCIS
24 October (Saturday)
- Waking up to being held by my handsome man, very comfortable, in great light.
- Yoga! Hard, but oh, so good.
- More homemade bread!
- A beautiful day with no plans and no reason not to just watch TV and relax.
- Finally putting our cookbook together right.
25 October (Sunday)
- Chatting with people I know at church
- Lunch at Atlanta Bread Company
- Brand new black pumps for work and 8 pairs of socks with a lifetime warranty
- Lounging through the afternoon
- Pasta and Sanctuary with my hubby!
26 October (Monday)
- A warm mug of tea in cold fingers
- My new shoes are so pretty
- Justin walked me to the door this morning instead of staying in bed sleeping. I feel loved!
- Zumba class was so much fun!
- Dinner in bed with Justin, watching TV and seeing Nathan Fillian playing Richard Castle dressed up as Malcom Renolds.
27 October (Tuesday)
- The body ache that reminds me that not only do I have the financial fluidity to afford a gym membership, but that I also have a body capable of doing physical exercise. It also reminds me of how much fun I had last night.
- Advil, when that ache gets too strong
- Cloth napkins – tablecloth, spill-catcher, and coaster all in one.
- Relaxing away the evening
- Curling up to sleep with my husband
28 October (Wednesday)
- Blue-grey clouds over pale yellow marsh grass interspersed with small trees and shrubs in the early morning dark.
- Lean presentation success! I might talk too fast, but apparently I’m engaging and fun to watch.
- Sonic for lunch as a treat for a presentation done well.
- Exercising goodness! Working out the kinks from Monday.
- My gnome took down 2 bad guys. I totally one-shot one of them, too. I am awesome!
29 October (Thursday)
- Changing my macro to make it even better and easier to use.
- Candy! That I shouldn’t eat . . . . But yummy!
- Getting a 5.0 on our audit.
- Surprise snuggles!
- Exercising outside with Justin.
30 October (Friday)
- Oatmeal staying warm even when I forget it in the microwave for several minutes.
- Half a day at work!
- Working out at the gym and walking with my husband.
- Taking care of several conversations that needed to be done (bills, etc.)
- Beautiful weather
31 October (Saturday)
- Lunch with Carl and Audrey (and an Elizabeth spotting)
- Test driving a car and deciding that we really like it.
- Handing out chocolate to strange, yet adorable children.
1 November (Sunday)
- Sleeping all morning because of not feeling well
- Curling up in sun beams all afternoon
- Hour upon hour of CSI
- College girls who were quiet and let me be lazy
- French bread and pudding for dinner.
2 November (Monday)
- I finally finished that ICA.
- Left over chocolate at work!
- Instead of going to Zumba, I curled up in jammies and watched TV
- Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner
- Getting tucked into bed by my honey.
3 November (Tuesday)
- We bought a new car!
- And it didn’t bust the bank!
- So we went out to dinner!
- And stopped at the bookstore!
- And picked up great literature!
4 November (Wednesday)
- Justin’s tasks went easy and well to register his car and insure it and everything.
- Yummy left-overs at lunch
- Productive conversation about my Lean project.
- Text messages from family and friends.
- My gnome’s daily-power connected and I beat up a guy by using another bad guy. So cool.
5 November (Thursday)
- Black and white stripped socks and a white shawl making up for my lack of wardrobe and my PMS-ing grumpy mood.
6 November (Friday)
- An air-condition repair man who didn’t make me uncomfortable and who gave the system a good washing and a clean bill of health and knocked down a wasps nest while he was at it.
- Making a long list of tasks to accomplish
- A good workout at Torque with more afterward raking the lawn.
- And then another good workout walking with Justin, even through my shins kill me so much!
- The neighbor boy helping me clean the solar lamps along the sidewalk.
7 November (Saturday)
- Yard work together
- Making dinner rolls
- Chatting with Dad
- Driving to the Island for pizza and curling up in front of Sanctuary to eat it.
8 November (Sunday)
- Sleeping in
- Waking up to Atlanta Bread chai tea and a raspberry cream cheese bear claw
- Fun at the church picnic
- Great discussion at small group
- Laughing until we cried, got the hiccups, and couldn’t breathe at stupid jokes.
9 November (Monday)
- Homemade chai latte is so yummy!
- Zumba! Zumba!
- Ironing and watching Sanctuary.
- Chicken maple brats
- Castle and cuddles
10 November (Tuesday)
- Happy birthday, Justin!
- I wasn’t raining when I went outside at lunch
- I didn’t ache as much as I did after the last time I went to Zumba.
- Reading together before bed.
- Rambling around the grocery store.
11 November (Wednesday)
- Enjoying my workout at Torque
- Following it up with yoga at home
- Practicing piano
- Playing with CSS programing
- Meeting new people