Alrighty, it’s a Monday!
So, the weekend really wasn’t much to speak of. I spent most of it being luxuriously lazy. Serious slothfulness. It was fantastic. I read a book, I played games with Justin. I played games with friends online. It was really a very relaxing weekend.
Meaning I woke up this morning with a need to redeem the “lost” time over the weekend.
I got up, poked at my computer reading comics, and then got dressed and went out to mow the lawn. Did you know I use a reel mower? I love my mower. Usually, since we moved into a place with a lawn, Justin snatches up the lawn chores as one of his things. A husband project. But since I’m home this month and it’s stupidly hot, I’ve been getting up in the morning on weekdays and taking care of the lawn. It’s hot, sticky work, but I love the snip-snip-snip sound of my mower and the work of the whole thing and the beautiful look of the lawn once it’s done.
So I did yard work for a while and then went for a walk around the pool to get a little straight-forward exercise in while it was still not terribly hot.
After getting cleaned up, I tidied the house, took care of a few projects, made some phone calls. I kept a list of what I did today. It started out as a list of things to do, and then ended up adding things that I’d done that weren’t on the original list just so I could see what I’d done.
This is what I ended up with:
- Mow the lawn
- Weed whack, rake, and spray weeds
- Go for a walk
- Call the dentist to confirm my appointment
- Call the town office about the extra trash can
- Tidy the house
- Make rice pudding (slow-cooker)
- Clean the fridge
- Put the boxes in the attic
- Cancel the protection plan on the credit card
- Take a break
- Call Julie to apologize for missing last night (leave a message)
- Email Kim to confirm our Wednesday appointment
- Fold the clothes in my dresser drawers
- Order tickets for the wedding in August
- Go to the dentist at 4:00
- Stop at the grocery store for a few things
- Talk with Julie
- Finish the movie I was watching while folding
- Talk with Justin about car stuff
- Start the grill to do the corn
- Write a post
- Read the “Publications” page on the business license page
- Make a hurricane evacuation plan
- Figure out the IRA information
- Clean up MyMusic folder on my computer
- Think of recycling sorting ideas
- Set up the carbon monoxide alarm
- Get the notes from the Orman book
- Read the paperwork book for organizing
- Talk with Audrey about the seamstress
- Clip fingernails
- Take a bath
I think I might still finish those last two, but the others are just going to have to wait until tomorrow.
Right now I’m grilling corn on the cob, in husks, on our little portable grill. It’s only big enough to fit a few things at a time, but it’s just the two of us, so that works out perfectly. We picked it up a few weeks ago and we’ve used it probably one or two times each week since then. I love it! This is our second time trying corn. The first time turned out so amazing, we had to find out if it was just a fluke or if they’re always that good. I’m using questionable corn today, which might be detrimental to the experiment. But if turns out good, we’ll know that it’s just that amazing to grill corn in husks.
And then we’ll have the rice pudding that I did this afternoon and probably should have added more milk when it was all gone in 1/2 the time the recipe said it should, but hopefully will be yummy anyway.
And then I’m going to relax my evening away!
I hope you all had a fantastic Monday! I’ll see you again tomorrow!
2 thoughts on “My Monday list”
Sounds like a productive day!
It was a little bit crazy, but I felt really good about what I accomplished! 🙂
Comments are closed.