I kind of fell out of doing these. I’m really not sure why, other than I just got so tired and so blue that I just didn’t have the heart. But I liked doing them and I’m pretty sure people liked reading them, so I’ve been trying to get back in to doing them again. I started writing these again last week and somehow keep forgetting to put them up on the site. So, here’s a big ol’ Grace in Small Things dump, and you’ll probably keep getting these, either one at a time or in bunches like this.
15 April 2009 (Wednesday)
- Luke’s birthday! I’m rather fond of the fellow, so I hope his birthday was really wonderful.
- Unbelievably beautiful weather. Why can’t it be like this all the time? It’s perfect! Blue skies, slight breezes, flowers in bloom. It’s absolutely breathtaking.
- Taking pictures with my camera. I don’t know why I don’t do this more often because I love doing it. My neighbors probably think I’m a little crazy when I’m down on my stomach taking pictures of grass, but I love it.
- Homemade bread brought to work by a coworker. Delicious and moist and mmmmmmmmm.
- Daydreaming about a business possibility that might not ever happen, but it’s really delightful to consider.
16 April 2009 (Thursday)
- Riding bikes all the way down to the movie theatre and home again, picking up Sunchips and romaine on the way home past the grocery store.
- Watching last week’s Dollhouse episode. This show gets better and better.
17 April 2009 (Friday)
- Riding bikes all the way down to the movie theatre again and stopping at a café for bagel sandwiches before going home, stopping at the grocery store for massive amounts of on-sale jellybeans.
- Setting down a business card design and putting in a request for a domain name and I really feel like I’m getting somewhere with this thing.
- Ordering massively inexpensive printer ink in absurd quantities online. I’m not sure why this tickles me so much, but I’m so excited to get all this ink in the mail.
- Enjoying a very relaxing day with Justin.
18 April 2009 (Saturday)
- Waking up to the sound of my husband doing yard work, trying to surprise me.
- Donuts for breakfast.
- Washing off layer after layer of dust and pollen and grime from the cars so they gleam so happy in the sunlight.
- Relaxing, freshly showered, during the hottest part of the afternoon, in rooms getting lots of cross-ventilation from open windows.
- Peanut butter on French toast.
19 April 2009 (Sunday)
- Day-old donuts for breakfast.
- Delightful conversation with Mom.
- Small victories in CSS.
- Great successes in cooking and baking (just not candy making).
- Reading magazines in bed next to Justin before falling asleep.
20 April 2009 (Monday)
- That awful clunk and clatter wasn’t anything falling off from my car.
- The car behind me didn’t run into me when I braked suddenly, thinking that I’d lost something big and important.
- Justin and I went for a jog! And it hurt a lot and wasn’t a whole lot of fun at all, but it felt really good afterwards knowing that we’d gone out and done it.
- Really awesomely delicious chicken quesadillas. Leftover chicken from the night before, bacon, salsa, onion, cheese, spices . . . . Really, really good.
- “Castle” fun-ness!
21 April 2009 (Tuesday)
- A very involving formatting project made the morning pass very quickly. It’s a little crazy how much I enjoy taking documents and making them look pretty and all official-like.
- Justin went running by himself and I don’t understand why on earth he would feel guilty about it because I was so tickled that he decided to go exercising.
- Lack of milk in the fridge lead to scavenging through the cupboards for dinner and resulted in an amusingly hodgepodge but delicious and not that unhealthy dinner.
- I went for a 3-mile walk and it felt really, really good. Except for the part where the blister on the back of my ankle bled all over my sock and shoe. But the rest of me felt great!
- Fresh, cool breezes coming in through my bedroom window as I’m falling asleep.