- I’m not pregnant! Yea!
- Hot packs. Warm, wonderful, soothing comfort.
- Both of my parents are still alive.
- Support of loving family and friends.
- I’m good at my job. I underestimate myself a lot, I think, but I’m good at what I do.
- Headphones. Sometimes the people around here make so much noise!
- Feeling better about myself now that I’m exercising and watching my food intake again.
- Anticipation of yoga class getting me through the day.
- Sunshine coming in through an open hatch to the roof. A random sunny surprise while coming up the steps.
- Warm mornings mean I don’t have to go out and start my car in the morning. I enjoy not making time to step out of the house to scamper across the driveway to turn on my car so I can see through the windows when I leave for work in the morning. (“This is the cat that killed the rat that ate the malt that lay in the house that Jack built.”)
- Feeling better about myself and seeing a change on the scale that reflects that feeling. Hopefully that change will stick through until Friday when I do my official weekly weigh-in.
- Birth control is a wonderful thing.
- Curling up with my husband to watch TV in bed.
- Feeing full after eating dinner and not feeling guilty about eating too much.
- Even after not going to the dentist for over two years, I have no cavities. Yea!
- Insurance that covers dental visits—x-rays and exam and no co-pay. How is that even possible?!
- Homemade turkey soup that turns out surprisingly good and only has 175 calories per serving. Again, how is that possible?!
- Running and feeling absolutely fantastic before, during, and after. My shins are still tight and my hip is a little wonky, but I can run! And I can feel wonderful about it!
- Warm, clean laundry fresh from the dryer.
- I only have to work half a day today! It’s been a very, very long time since I haven’t had to work longer on a Friday afternoon.
- I’m going to a yoga party tonight! Flannel pajamas, yoga, and treats, all for $7 less than a usual class would cost. How cool is that?!
- Gas is $1.56 a gallon at the station I pass just before work. That’s like half what it was not too long ago. It’s so wonderful!
- My weigh-in this morning put me at 209.5 pounds. That’s already six pounds down from where I was at just last Friday. We’ll see if it sticks and if I can keep dropping weight like dirty socks. Probably not, but it’s so encouraging this morning.
- I got a good chunk of Christmas shopping done this afternoon and did quite well, I think, at finding good, affordable gifts for people. I have more to do, hopefully this weekend, but I’m pleased with what I’ve got. Hopefully Justin will agree. (He does!)