Are you ready for the huge backlog of my Grace in Small Things project?
There’s even badges. See?
Okay. I’m going to post 5 days at a time until I manage to catch up with current time.
- My morning commute this morning was breathtaking. I wished I had my camera and time to take advantage of it because words cannot do justice to the way the light glistened on the frost, the fog rolling over the grasses, the purple-pink glow of the mountain of steam coming off the river and the paper plant, the way everything was softened in the light and fog on the morning. It was amazing. I love where I live.
- I didn’t win any of the drawings at lunch today, but I got a free lunch! And I got the travel mug gift for all direct employees, a gift I was never given at the last two of these lunches I attended as a temp employee.
- I’ve been getting a lot of complements for my skirt today. I’ve had it for ages—picked it up kinda cheap at a surf shop on Tybee Island. I like the comments. They make me feel pretty!
- Sweet doctors who apologize for the discomfort they cause. And her daughter running around in the office wearing pink wings.
- $50 merchandise voucher for Walmart that I won with an award at work. I took it to Walmart after my doctor’s appointment and got a new purse, a clutch, a pair of headphones, and a pair of tights. I love the purse! Can’t wait to go out where I can carry the clutch. Will probably wear the tights tomorrow. And the headphones are amazing.
- Another breathtaking morning of pink luminescent fog over the marsh.
- Encouragement from weight-loss friends online.
- This really awesome video from my family that they made because Justin and I couldn’t make it down for Thanksgiving. It’s so awesome! I love it!
- Running! Not much and not well, but that I can do it at all is fantastic.
- My fantastic husband who runs with me and thinks I’m pretty when I think I look like a slug.
- Bright pink sunrises before the sun is swallowed by the clouds. And I do mean bright pink, like florescent pink that was popular in the 80s. Except, you know, cooler because it’s the SUN.
- A weight on my home scale that’s five pounds less than the scale at the doctor’s office. It’s surprising how those five pounds can make the whole thing just a little bit less scary.
- Tights! Fantastic stretchy bits of cloth that keep my legs warm and are stylish at the same time! Love the tights! I feel so pretty!
- Fun conversations with male coworkers about clothes.
- Yoga. I forgot how much I love yoga. And I found a station on the tv that plays perfect background music for while I’m doing it.
- A clean house! With floors washed and surfaces dusted and showers scrubbed and everything picked up and tidied and looking fantastic! I love it when my house is this beautiful.
- A husband who doesn’t mind that I pulled him away from his friends and computer games to clean house with me. Who scrubs the shower and the toilet, who takes out the trash and changes the air filter and vacuums the floors and everything else, cleaning them all perfectly and without complaining. Seriously. Did I catch a keeper or what?!
- Finding a yoga class less than 15 minutes from home. With classes several days a week at several different levels that’s totally affordable. I am so excited I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how much I’m looking forward to Tuesday night.
- Feeling more energetic and in control than I have in a long time. Use energy to get energy. Who’da thunk!
- Chinese buffet for dinner. Fun, inexpensive date with my husband with sweet and sour chicken and sugary doughnut thingies.
- Having a wonderful time at church—I like this place more and more.
- Beautiful bright sunshine streaming through the windows and knowing that it’s chilly outside and so wonderful inside.
- Long talks with my dad and one of my college best friends. Both heartwarming and filled with laughter. What’s not to love?
- Hero husbands who kill the enormous spiders on the stairs. Why is it always the stairs?!
And, just for giggles, here’s a picture I took a little while ago.